Saturday, September 8, 2012

Tool #2:

I really enjoyed looking around at different teachers' blogs.  It is amazing to look at the different ideas that they have, and to see how easy it is to see it in action through the use of posted photos and videos of their classrooms.  Specifically, I really enjoyed the blog "Learning and Laptops": http://learningandlaptops.blogspot.com/.  It was neat to see how this teacher used the technology in his classroom and create a seamless transition between his content area and technology.  It makes me want to work harder to establish this connection in my classroom.  I intend to look up more elementary science and math blogs to see any other ideas on how to do this in my classroom.

I think the PLN is a great tool for all teachers.  Teachers have always been know to be "stealers" of others' ideas to use in their own classrooms, and this is just another way to do that on a much broader scale.  Thus, I really enjoyed commenting on others' blogs.  Although it isn't as easy as talking and sharing ideas in a verbal conversation with teammates, this is a great way to search and find a wider variety of ideas and answers to potentially specific questions.  It didn't bother me at all to share my ideas publically, and I am sure that the anonymity had something to do with that :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment